Tuesday, February 23, 2010

J. Crew Wedding Dresses...

The J. Crew Caroline wedding dress was the first dress I ordered. The original photo I saw of it was in the J. Crew catalog (different than the one above) and it made the dress look amazing. The picture above left me less than thrilled but the dress was in the mail so I was going to give it a shot.

When it arrived I was really impressed with how it was packaged. It came in a large white box with a beautiful satin cream ribbon tied around it. When I opened the box the dress was between folded sheets of tissue as well as stuffed with tissue to maintain the form of the dress and folded once lengthwise. It looked like true couture packaging. It also came with what looked like a wedding invitation with instructions on how to store and preserve the dress as well as a beautiful satin fabric hanger. The box and tissue paper was all archival quality so you could store your dress back in the box it came in. 

To my surprise the dress was much prettier in person than it was in the photos. When I tried it on I thought it was beautiful but I didn't have that "this is the one" feeling (sigh) so I packaged it back up and returned it to the store. 

I was a bit frustrated because there were other J. Crew gowns that I liked and would love to try on but I didn't want to have to order every dress in the catalog just to try them on. When I was returning the dress I asked the sales associate if they carried any of their wedding line in the store. I know they carry the line in their New York store so maybe they would carry it in LA as well. She informed me that you have to schedule an appointment to try the wedding collection on. They have one of every dress in a size 8 and they will pin the dress to fit you so you can get an idea of what it would look like. Yay!! J. Crew wedding gowns fit the same as their clothing line so a size 8 really is a size 8. What do they do for women above a size 8? Not sure. This is LA though and the J. Crew store is in The Grove where the average size for a woman is a 2 so they're probably safe. 

{Photo: J. Crew}
 

 




1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails