Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Local Collection...

A couple weeks ago a dear friend of mine that I hadn't seen in ages invited me to go to the Local Collection at the Glendale Galleria. I had never heard of the Local Collection before so I was excited to see what it was all about. Plus it was a great excuse to see an old friend and reminisce. 

The Local Collection is a concept store that comes complete with irony. It is the antithesis of a mall store located in a mall. Local designers and artists are carefully handpicked to showcase their products and the store was filled with unique and eclectic items.
 Beautiful feather collars and accessories by Sweet Evie.

I was impressed by this store for a variety of reasons the first being that nothing in the store is massed produced. When you purchase an item you walk away with the same feeling as when you score something in a vintage store. Don't get me wrong, I love Forever 21, H&M and Zara as much as the next person, but whenever you buy something there you know hundreds of people within a 20 mile radius have the same thing. It's nice to buy something that feels unique and special every now and then.

The gorgeous feather collars from Sweet Evie really grabbed my attention. I kept going back to them again and again. I desperately want the black feather collar pictured above. I can imagine pairing it with a plain white tee, jeans and black patent heels. Yep, I need it.

A mix of bold and dainty jewelry from London Manori.

Another reason I loved the Local Collection was that it introduced me to some amazing new designers I would have never heard of otherwise. Some of my new favorites include Sweet Evie, Rojas, Flea Market Girl, London Manori and Ever Originals.

 Love the fun headbands from Ever Originals.

AMAZING jewelry from Flea Market Girl.

 Finally, everything is reasonably priced. I can't tell you how excited I was to look at the price tag from a Flea Market Girl necklace I was admiring to see it was only $7.50!!! Makes me want to purchase one of everything they make.

{photos: my own}

7 comments:

  1. Drool!!!!!

    All of those accessories are AMAZING!

    Want. Need. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they have some real treasures there. Love all this feather stuff
    *Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me like Endless Leather !!hmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. I love that jewelry! :) So sweet.
    Love your blog too!
    Xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it is a grate store. They have so very much cheap goodies. I'm loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. I'm really loved youre blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails