Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Build a bike...

I didn't even really want a bike until I saw that you can build your own at Urban Outfitters. I found myself on their site experimenting with different colors and details wondering what my perfect bike would look like. I have no intention of buying one...yet. I have to say the cute basket almost tips the scale. Here's my vision...

I can see myself early on a Saturday morning (not really... I never like early Saturday mornings but for the sake of the my cute little vision let's stay with it) I throw on a pair of capri jeans, a Breton striped tee and sneakers. I then throw my hair in a care free pony a la Brigitte Bardot, grab some big sunnies and am out the door to ride my cute little retro bike to the local farmer's market. I excitedly purchase fresh fruit, vegetables and flowers to fill my new bike basket. On my way home I stop by a French cafe for an espresso and croissant which I eat on a table outside while I peruse the paper with my sweet bike parked beside me. Passerby's stop to admire my beautiful bike and ask where in the world I found such a treasure. One young man even asks to take the little beauty for a spin. I apologize and say no. I know the temptation to ride off with it would be too great for him and I can't take any chances. I then get back on my bike and leisurely ride home. I feel the warm sun beating down on me and the cool breeze through my hair. I close my eyes for a moment to take it all in and I feel grateful for this moment that this glorious bike has brought me.

Unfortunately, I have to be honest with myself... in reality the bike would be parked in my garage most of the time taking up too much space. So I will have to pass for now. One can always dream.

4 comments:

  1. WAIT - HOLD UP - how in the world did i miss THIS! - on UO i can build myself my own bike?! - this I HAVE to do!!!! .. *ekkkk* so excited - thanks for sharing!!!

    *hugs*
    Erika
    http://tiptoebutterfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute idea, Urban.

    I like your vision of a sweet bike day. However I think we all know that unless you ride a bike regularly, a sweet bike day turns into a painful bike day, followed by painful subsequent days! *owie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog. It's beautiful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I love what Kerry said. "A painful bike day". Also, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that your little bike fantasy is built around a fashionable bikey day attire. "Breton striped tee". I hope it's red and white! :) Priceless. Now I want to go ride a bike, but first, I have to reteach myself. Danger!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails