Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Give me some sugar...

After seeing these yummy cookie sandwiches over at Frenchie and Flea I knew I had to drop everything and start baking. At least my trip to the gym was blown for a good reason.

First you get these ingredients...


Then you realize that you got the whipped frosting instead of the thicker yummier buttercream frosting. At this time you weigh out your options.

Option 1: Use the whipped cream frosting, it won't be as good but at least you don't have to go to the store again (this is not the correct option).

Option 2: Put your shoes back on and run across the street to the store (hmm...not ideal since you're feeling a bit lazy and still have lots of baking to do).

Option 3: Ask your fiance very nicely to run across the street to pick up the correct frosting for you (ding ding ding we have a winner!!)

Since I couldn't find the Funfetti Cookie mix that you're supposed to use in this semi-homemade recipe I used the cake mix instead and followed the cookie directions that are on the side of the box. Then I frosted them and stuck them together. After that's done you melt the white chocolate chips and drizzle them on top of the cookies. For the finishing touch add the sprinkles and voila! you've got yourself sugary treat. So sugary, in fact, that "they make your teeth hurt" Ian's words not mine. That means it's just the right amount of sweet for me. They are so good I am eating them while writing this post. Here are the yummy photos...




11 comments:

  1. I'd have trouble not eating all of these in one sitting. delish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, funfetti is the BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is NOT a good thing - this is one of those things where i go on my lunch break and buy everything i need and make and eat them ALL tonight - they look TOOOOOOO yummy!

    *kiss kiss*
    Erika
    ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look delicious and absolutely darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha, "Funfetti" sounds fantastic! hehe such cute makings! yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness...My lil' guy would go bonkers over those. They look amazing!

    p.s. Thank you so much for following BonBon Rose Girls! I hope you'll follow us at our new site...we went and got our own .com at: http://www.bonbonrosegirls.com/ Plus, we're hosting lots of fabulous giveaways this month to celebrate our move...Right now we've got two $95 hapari swimsuit gift certificates up for grabs! Hugs, K

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my, they look beyond delicious. I want to bite into my laptop, haha
    *Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  8. They. Look. Amazing!
    I need to make them asap. LOVE the sprinkles.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. they were so sweet it literally hurt my teeth. perfect for sugar lovers.. and they tasted divine.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails