Friday, June 25, 2010

Happy first weekend of summer!!

These images remind me of summers spent playing in my backyard as a kid. It was such a magical time full of make believe with endless possibilities.

My favorite part was being greeted home after a long day of playing (games included kick the can, packed sardines, hide and seek) with the smell of my mom's famous fruit cobbler baking in the oven. It brought me such a warm feeling of safety and love.

What are some of your favorite summer memories? Hope you all have a lovely summer! Bring on the cobbler!!

{photos: jillian sun}

3 comments:

  1. Definitely catching lightning bugs. We saw our first of the summer last week and I just sat in the backyard marveling over them, and remembering how cool and unimaginable "a bug! that LIGHTS UP!" was when I was little. It still messes with my mind a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy 1st weekend to u! - i remember the huge new kids on the block plastic cups and me and my bestie woukld fill them 3/4 of the way up with ice tea mix - then just a splash of water! - haha ....

    i'm haven' a party - stop by!!!
    *kiss kiss*
    HAPPY WEEKEND!
    Erika
    ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, lovely and so peaceful images! never really wanted to go home, wanted to stay outside and play forever, hehe! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails