Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Our Honeymoon: last night in Rome...

On our last night in Rome my family cooked us a delicious feast. Thinking about it makes my mouth water.

 We started off with dry martinis... my first one ever. 


Then we had pasta {I probably gained 10 lbs. from eating pasta every. single. day.}

Then Marina made homemade calamari.

I have to say I usually don't like calamari...but this I had to go back to for seconds and thirds {possibly fourths}

Then we had shrimp.

 Followed by salad.

{Then I went into a partial food coma and forgot to take pictures of dessert...we had chocolate and drank grappa.}

 After dinner we played a game. They brought in a tray of items and what I could say correctly in Italian I could keep. There was a handmade wallet, a huge chunk of fresh parmigiano, Italian playing cards, a handmade necklace and a key with a note attached. I struggled with a lot of the words but they let me keep all the items anyway. The note attached to the key said "Our home is your home." I was a basket case after that...tearing up at the mere thought of saying goodbye. The only thing that made it better was knowing we would return one day VERY soon...after all, I threw that coin in the Trevi Fountain and that makes it a guarantee.

Up next... Barcelona. xo

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails