Tuesday, July 12, 2011

4th of July {my birthday}: The cake post....

This year goes down as one of my favorite birthdays ever. Ian told me that he was taking me on a surprise trip and I was thrilled. Everything was taken care of, no decisions needed to be made {I'm terrible at being decisive} and I didn't have to worry about a thing. Except for what I was going to pack...which can always be challenging.

We woke up early Saturday morning and headed north. After a couple hours in the car we got off in the town where most of my family resides. Ian told me he had to pick something up at Target and I believed him. Before I knew it we were pulling up to my brother's house where everyone was expecting us for a barbeque.

The men cooked and I took some pictures.


Then we had birthday cake but not just any birthday cake. The best birthday cake in the world from Smith's Bakery seen here. I have had one every. single. year. of my life. I thought this year might be the first time I went without it...but Ian knew better than to deny me my birthday cake. It is so good if I had to choose a last meal Smith's cake would be it. Nothing else, just the cake with lots of frosting.


 I didn't get a proper picture of the cake because I blew out the candles in lightening speed {I knew what my wish was ahead of time this year} and we dug right in. Then I felt nauseous from all the sugar. At which point the only thought in my head was, "Hopefully this sick feeling will go away soon so I can eat another piece of cake." I might have a slight addiction. Which is why I thought the cake deserved an entire post unto itself. More on the rest of the trip in the following post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails