Friday, March 2, 2012

24 weeks...

Here I am in my 24th week of pregnancy looking a bit worn down after a long day and little sleep. I really can't believe I'm six months along! The time has flown right on by. Whenever I would hear of someone being six months pregnant I would think, "Wow, that woman is going to birth another human being in just a few months!!" It always amazed me. And now I am that woman. Sometimes I still can't believe there is a little girl that my husband and I created safe inside my belly. It really is just the best thing ever. As the days go by I love being pregnant more and more. I love that my belly is getting bigger by the day. I love that baby girl's kicking harder and more frequently.  I love when I close my eyes and put my hands on my stomach I can sometimes feel her whole little body shift around. I am so in love with this sweet little baby and I feel so grateful for this whole experience. I thank God everyday. 

On Wednesday I had my 24 week prenatal appointment and instead of using the fetal doppler to hear the baby's heartbeat I asked the midwife to use a fetoscope. I knew the baby would have to be in just the right position to pick up her heartbeat. Every time my midwife put the fetoscope on my belly the baby would kick it. I figured she was being too active but then she settled in to the perfect position and I saw the midwife immediately time the heartbeats on her watch. Then she let me listen. It was the sweetest sound in the world. Unlike the fetal doppler which sounds loud and swooshy this sounded like fast gentle tapping. Ian even got to hear. So amazing.

After our appointment I was starving (as always) and had an intense craving for a cheeseburger. So we went to Short Order. It was pretty darn good and pretty darn pricey (as in $15 for a burger, without the fries). But we were celebrating our baby girl so we didn't care. And even though I am trying to limit my sugar intake I totally sipped on Ian's milkshake. It was delish.


2 comments:

  1. We went there yesterday and it was AMAZING. For some reason I keep eating like I'm pregnant and need the extra calories. I DO NOT NEED THEM. OH well. Thank you so much for text today. Could you be any sweeter? I am doing alright and Ari is back on Monday morning so I think we shall survive! Ha. Play to have a laid back Sunday and dedicate myself to the Bea. Hope all is well with you. Going to email you about joining me + momma friends for breakfast in a few weeks...xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the burgers there. We are already planning our next trip. Pregnant or not everyone needs a burger, you got to eat! Momma breakfast sounds great, looking forward to it. Have a wonderful Sunday with sweet baby Bea. Talk soon. xoxo

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails