Tuesday, August 20, 2013

And...I'm back!


Hmm. If you look at my last post you would think I forgot I had a blog...and I guess I kinda did. Here's the thing... for the last year I lost all inspiration to blog. The reason being, motherhood. I completely lost myself in being a mom - which is a perfectly acceptable thing to get lost in if you ask me.

The first year of being a mom felt like it kicked my ass (or bottom - if I'm talking around Coco). Here is the truth of it - I'm a pretty insecure person (I'm working on changing that) and being a mom magnified my insecurities. I constantly questioned how I was handling situations, absolutely certain that other moms were doing things better. Then something happened at the one year mark. I felt capable - really capable. I had survived the first year and much more importantly Coco survived!! This new found security has left me with time on my hands - time that was spent worrying (oh how I will do things differently the second time around). I miss my creative outlets and this blog is one of those outlets. I really love blogging. I love the story you capture. Sometimes life feels like it is slipping through my fingers - everything starts to move so fast. Chronicling my journey makes me feel like I can slow things down a bit. Once I have recorded a memory or experience it is there forever and I can always look back and remember when. Blogging my special moments makes the passing of them a little less bitter and a bit more sweet. So I'm getting back to it.

What do I see for this little blog? I really want to share my experiences with whoever has the desire to read about it. I want to share the things I love...family, being a mom, fashion, food, etc. I want to tell you my story - although it is a bit heavy in places, actually really heavy - but maybe it will help someone? Maybe sharing it will help me. I want to use this blog for what I first intended it for - my notebook of inspiration. Now that I am a few years into my 30's - actually four...4!!! years into my 30's (what?? crazy!!) I am starting to feel more comfortable in my own skin - I'm beginning to really know who I am - what I like - what I want to strive for...it's all becoming clear, FINALLY. Now I feel like I'm in a place where I can share - and I really want to.

Here we go, little notebook - I'm back.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, poignant, perfect... There is something about coming out of that first year of mommyhood that is so empowering right? Looking forward to more posts.. Can't wait to see more mommy fashion, and hear more of your story! Rock on Mama!
    XOXO Morgan
    http://happilyeverpresent.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy you're back & happy you're in a good place.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails